Beth Garramone-Ross has completed her Associate of Science degree in Visual Arts at Westchester Community College. Upon graduation, Beth is working towards transferring to SUNY Purchase in New York, to focus on painting and drawing.
Beth has been an involved student at Westchester Community College by participating in a variety of leadership roles on campus. She was an Orientation Leader/ Peer Advisor for the incoming students of the Fall 2016 Semester. She is a Senator in the Student Government Association, as well as a member of the Constitution Committee, for the Fall 2016 and the Spring 2017 Semesters. Beth has also been President of the Art Club since the Fall 2016 Semester. She helped to organize a co-club sponsored event called Love and Loss Art Show and Silent Auction, to benefit the American Foundation for the Prevention of Suicide. Beth exhibited and donated artwork for this event, and sold a painting to benefit the cause. Beth was also a member of the Commit to Change Leadership Series during the Fall 2016 Semester. As part of this leadership program, her team won with its proposal to repurpose an already existing and forgotten garden on campus, into an organic community vegetable garden.
Beyond the classroom, Beth is a wife, and mother of two teenaged daughters. Her oldest is currently a freshman in college, and her younger daughter is in high school.
Exhibitions, publications, and awards:
- Exhibited, Westchester Community College Fine Arts Gallery, Student Art Show, Spring 2015 Semester.
- Exhibited, Westchester Community College Center for The Arts, Student Art Show, Spring 2016 Semester.
- Published, International Voices, Spring 2016 Semester.
- Recipient, Initial Teaching Experience Program Scholarship; Drawing 1 Teacher’s Assistant, Spring 2016 Semester.
- Recipient, Westchester Community College Foundation Pathways to the Future Scholarship, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 Semesters.
- Exhibited, Westchester Community College Fine Arts Gallery, Student Art Show, Fall 2016 Semester.
- On Exhibition, SUNY Student Art Show, New York State Museum, December 2016 – June 2017.
- Recipient, SUNY Chancellor’s Award, Spring 2017 Semester.
- Recipient, Visual Arts Curriculum Award, Spring 2017 Semester.
- Exhibited, Westchester Community College Fine Arts Gallery, Student Art Show, Spring 2017 Semester.
- Published, International Voices, Spring 2017 Semester.
Last updated on 05/15/2017